Wednesday 10 April 2013

Meet George Bush, the fifth member of our team and the support driver!

Hi!
I'm George Bush, the only 'lady' of Team Source2Sea and I am the Support Driver, I have the very important job of cooking, cleaning, pitching tents, washing clothes, scrubbing backs, rubbing on sun cream, and chauffeuring....ok maybe not all of those things but definitely chauffeuring and providing food! I will be following the guys along their journey, making sure they are fed and watered, and to 'support' I will be taking the road as close to the river as I can get (I will be driving a 4 x 4 so looking forward to a lot of off roading) They think their journey will be tough....pfft, I'll be doing 100 miles further ;-) Being a support driver will be rather challenging for me, I have no directional sense, if asked to go left, I go right and vice versa...but, I have a satnav, so all will be fine!

I was born in Yorkshire, but very shortly after we moved to a very small Worcestershire village, where I lived for 20 years, I spent most of my time walking, cycling, exploring etc. But wildlife is and always has been my biggest passion, I would spend hours searching for things from tiny caterpillars to Red Deer. Whilst growing up my sister and I reared all sorts of things from day old Jackdaw chicks (I still do that now) to raising lambs in the garden that had been orphaned by the local farm. I have kept almost every animal thinkable and enjoyed every minute of it. I currently have two hedgehogs hibernating in my spare room, they will be fattened up and released when the weather has warmed up. I have a dog called Dave, a Cockatiel called Chaz, a tortoise called Flash and Turtle called Hector and my favourite animals are sheep!! I love the rain (we could do with a bit more for the river levels) and being outdoors, so I can not wait for this adventure to start!





No comments:

Post a Comment