Wednesday 10 April 2013

Meet Tristan Bawn, Source2sea team member

Hello my name is Tristan Bawn, I’m 34 and live in Bristol with my wife and two kids...my biggest fans! I’m over the moon to be a part of the Source2Sea team and can’t wait to get going.

I spend as much time as I can in the outdoors, especially surfing the Severn Bore, walking in the mountains, camping with the family and of course Stand Up paddleboarding! I have climbed to just under 7,000 metres, surfed lovely breaks abroad, dived clear waters and explored jungles, but I also enjoy a gentle walk through my local woods.



I have tried many different activities, including bathtubbing and bog snorkelling, but I guess I’m happy just being outdoors enjoying life!

Wildlife is a huge part of why I go outdoors in the first place, getting a picture completes the day! I’m really looking forward to seeing the vast array of wildlife the Severn supports, we have already been spoilt by Keith the seal!

The Source2Sea trip came about from years of general chit chat about traveling the length, and then one day we decided to stop talking and get doing! So here we are on the verge of leaving and the excitement is killing me. What will keep me going? Knowing my family and friends will be waiting for us in Sharpness!


You can follow our progress on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Source2Sea2013

No comments:

Post a Comment